Hello there, friends!
Long time no see, I know, but really there hasn’t been a whole awful lot of action until recently to keep you all up to date on. However, I do have a few developments to talk about now, so huzzah!
1. EIGHT DAYS UNTIL GO TIME!
Counting today, we are officially just a bit more than a week away from the launch of Haywood Micaye, and things have been busy! I’m in the process of putting some of the finishing touches on everything, and production for the project video will be starting within the next day or so. For those of you who don’t know, crowdfunding sites generally have a spot for their creator’s to make a video that further explains their project and serves to catch the attention of people who stumble upon the projects. I have several ideas for mine that I think would be pretty cool to incorporate in, so I’m going to set aside quite a bit of time these next few days.
Speaking of crowdfunding sites…
2. THE PLATFORM IS CHANGING!
I’ve said from the beginning that I was going to do this on Kickstarter, but there have been some developments recently that have led me to change to using Indiegogo as the place where Haywood will be raising its funds. This is for many reasons, one of the biggest being the fact that you have to be at least eighteen to have a campaign on Kickstarter, and on January 6th, my launch date, I will only be seventeen. There’s also the lengthy processing time, which could mess up my launch schedule, and several other tedious politics involved in the process, but long story short I chose Indiegogo. Essentially, there’s really not that much difference between the two sites, except for the fact that Indiegogo has a function where you can keep the funds raised even if you don’t hit your goal, but I’m still going to stick with the all-or-nothing option that I had always been planning for.
3. REWARD TIERS!
I mentioned that I would eventually post the rewards being offered, so here’s a list of some of the things you could receive from donating to Haywood Micaye! These aren’t in any particular order, mind you, but regardless:
- The most obvious, of course- A paperback or hardcover copy of Haywood Micaye. As of right now, I don’t have a virtual copy to offer, but if your interested in that then feel free to comment below or shoot me a DM on Twitter (@AshlynneDoyle99) and we can go from there. 🙂
- “Dear You”- A short story I wrote that has nothing really to do with Haywood, but (I hope) worth it nonetheless. Drawing its idea from a writing prompt shown to me by a friend of mine, it’s a love letter from the point of view of the character you adored from your favorite book.
- A hand painted mug- because who reads a book without a beloved drink at their side?
- Haywood Micaye: The Musical- While it sounds like a song-and-dance extravaganza… it’s not. This is a list of all the music on the playlist I listened to while writing the book and a brief description of where and how the songs fit into the story. Yay, music!
- The “Brought to You By” Page- Once the project is fully funded, the home page will feature a list of the names of everyone who contributed to the project. This tier will get you listed on said page!
- Virtual Shout Out- I will make you a quick thank you video and send it to you via your preferred method of communication.
- Meet Up- Donating to this tier will allow us to schedule a date where we can meet up over coffee, lunch, or whatever to talk about whatever you so desire! Food and fun abound!
This was quite a lot of information all at once, I hope you don’t get too overwhelmed. Anyways, the short story is that I am very excited to be doing this, and if you ask me about it it’s probably pretty obvious. The success of this campaign, at this point, hinges upon whether or not it meets its funding goal. If it doesn’t, then no money is exchanged and the we run into the problem of trying to figure out another way to raise money.
I’ve said this before, but when the project goes live do not be afraid to spread the word and the link to help let some more people know about what is trying to be accomplished. I have a lot of faith in this project, and I will gladly accept any and all help you guys would be willing to provide along the way.
Eight days! Holy cow!
Until next time,